Join now - be part of our community!

es file explorer

profile.country.LV.title
ridler1
Explorer

es file explorer

can anyone tell me how to play my movies on my usb stick on my sony bravia 75" tv? the file list of the movies is there and when i choose a movie it has a message where you have you choose between video player or es media player? so i pick one but it asks you to choose always or this time only. But you cannot pick one or the other the cursor will not move onto those buttons? This was never like that before. you chose one and away you went. but if you don't choose one (you can't) it will not play the movie or content you want. Pls help......

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi ridler1,

Open the ES File Explorer app which you have installed on the TV then go to:

Settings > Display Settings > USB plug-in message

and disable that option.

Next time when you plug in the USB stick with your videos, select the option that says 'Open using Video app'. The native Video app that is buit-in to your TV will play most of your movies.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.LV.title
ridler1
Explorer

yes thx for your reply. but i did what you have told me and it still does not work. i cannot find open using video app? and i still get the same message where I have to choose an option so I do but cannot move the cursor from remote for always or this time only?IMG_0761.JPG

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

You shouldn’t be receiving that message when inserting a USB storage device anymore. So I suggest you look into carefully following the instructions to disable that option in ES File Explorer. 

Otherwise I’m afraid that you will need to uninstall the ES File Explorer app since it is causing unexpected behavior. 

profile.country.LV.title
ridler1
Explorer

ok thx. is there another app I can use if i am unsuccessful with ES explorer?

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

What are you trying to achieve with the ES File Explorer app?
profile.country.LV.title
ridler1
Explorer

before i had no problems. i would insert it into the usb port of my sony tv and use the es explorer app an d choose the movies i had downloaded and i would choose which video player and press play and it worked everytime. now it ask me to choose as you see from the pic i sent. but it will NOT let continue to play it? I just want it to work again like before. nice and simple.

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

You don’t need this app to play your movies. You plug-in your stick then open the app you want to use to play your files directly.

“Video” is the name of the built-in app that comes with your TV and it can play most if not all type of files smoothly. But you can use any other app you have installed to play videos too.
profile.country.LV.title
ridler1
Explorer

my sony model is an xbr75x850e. I thank you for all your help. i have tried that just plugging it in and the tv will not recognize the usb stick. its like it is not there. i use my LG tv and plug it in and play it with no problems. But i would much rather watch on the larger screen.

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Then the USB stick needs to be reformatted preferably using a Windows PC. You can view plenty of videos on YouTube to see how to do that.  

https://youtu.be/AiZQB9549Gs

Click To Subscribe! ► http://bit.ly/SubMaverick A simple way to format your flash drive in brand new Windows 10. There's not much of a difference than formatting it in Windows 7/8, but hopefully it will be useful to anyone although. Music by: Jim Yosef - Lights [NCS Release] - ...