Join now - be part of our community!

[FAQ] - Does My TV Have HDR?

Anonymous
Not applicable

[FAQ] - Does My TV Have HDR?

Hello all

I noticed that there has been alot of questions and confusions in regards to which models support HDR.  Models previous to the year 2015 do not support HDR and they will not be getting a HDR software update either.

2015 Series Models:

• X85C
  • S85C
  • X90C
  • X91C
  • X93C
  • X94C

2016 Series Models:

• XD70 *
  • XD75 *
  • XD80
  • SD85 *
  • XD83
  • XD85
  • SD85
  • XD93
  • XD94
  • ZD9

This is evidenced by the following link: HERE

* The XD70, XD75 and SD85 was upgraded to HDR via a software update that was issued on the 27 September 2016 (version 6.0514) : HERE

Notes:

• HDR will activate automattically when a compatible HDR signal is detected by the TV.  You can see whether HDR is enabled by going to the Action Menu > Picture - Under Picture mode it will state "HDR Video"

• If using a connected device via HDMI - you will need a HDMI cable that supports 18Gbps, connected to either HDMI Ports 2 or 3 on the TV and then change the "HDMI Signal Format" to "Enhanced Format" in the External Input Settings of the TV - instructions : HERE

• Some model 2015 TVs seem to be able to playback HDR content via USB - this is apparently an unintended benefit.

• YouTube has started offering playback of HDR, however it requires the support of the VP9 Profile 2 codec and it is not yet clear whether these TVs support this or whether a software upgrade will be available in the future, see HERE for more details.

0 REPLIES 0