Join now - be part of our community!

Firmware update v6.2858 Amazon prime streaming

profile.country.GB.title
rtsimpson
Explorer

Firmware update v6.2858 Amazon prime streaming

this firmware update was supposed to fix the stutter on Amazon streaming:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/downloads/00015010

it has made no difference at all. Is anyone else still experiencing problems?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
stewartgordon4

yes the same thing is happing to me as well on my kd65 zd9 when i got on to customer support they tell me to get in touch with amazon direct then amazon put me back to sony

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

What is the revision of your Prime Video app? Check under Settings>Apps>Prime Video

It should read 4.5.17

Prior to the v6.2858 firmware upgrade, SONY was responsible for maintaing the Amazon Video app. Meaning that an update for Amazon Video required a new SONY FW update to be rolled out. Starting with revision v6.2858 SONY no longer maintains the Amazon Video app. This is by design, in order to provide the capability to Amazon for optimising and fixing possible bugs. The same way Netflix provides their own software updates. So as of now, please forward any issues concerning the Prime Video app directly to Amazon.

profile.country.GB.title
rtsimpson
Explorer

thanks for the information Dutchice. My version of Amazon is 4.4.0 but I can't find a way of updating it through the play store. I will look into it,

thanks

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

You can try having de "Auto-update apps at anytime" among the Google Paly Store settings set to ON. Probably you just have done the TV FW update very recently. Over time it will find and download the Prime Video update for you. It should show up under My Apps in the Google Play Store among the apps that have been recently updated. Maybe a forced close of the Google Play Store app and relaunch might help, else even a reboot (hold remote power button for 5 secs) of the TV itself. Don't expect miracles by the way from the latest version of the App. The folks at Amazon have a very long way still to go, in order to reach the pristine quality and robustness of the Netflix app.

profile.country.GB.title
rtsimpson
Explorer

The Prime app has updated itself today. Not sure it moves things forward too much - still judders and indeed crashed (which 4.4.0 didn’t). After a couple of minutes the juddering clears up (like 4.4) so no great leaps forward but fingers crossed for future releases. Appreciate your assistance.

Sent from my iPhone