Join now - be part of our community!

freesat on kd65xe9305

profile.country.GB.title
costakouppas
Explorer

freesat on kd65xe9305

Hi,I have a motorised satellite dish with a twin lnb connected to a recever in 1 room and the other cable going into another room for the other tv. I know that the tv does not control the dish which is fine but not sure how to setup. the tv has a main and sub satellite connector, which one do i connect to? . im assuming that whatever satellite the dish is pointing to is the one that it will tune to, for instance, if its on hotbird will tune to that, if i move the dish with my other motorised recever to a different satellite i can tune to the stations on that, is that the case

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Yes; and use Main if making only one connection.

But please be aware it is not Freesat; you just get the standard Now and Next from the satellite, not a proper Freesat EPG.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
costakouppas
Explorer

Great, thanks for your reply, will give it a go, shame its not the proper freesat as that is not mentioned anywhere

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

Exactly :frowning2:

But to paraphrase a well-known saying 'If it doesn't say Freesat on the tin, it hasn't got Freesat in the tin'

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking