Join now - be part of our community!

HDMI port 2 intermittent picture/sound loss

profile.country.GB.title
hungledink

HDMI port 2 intermittent picture/sound loss

Any source I watch through HDMI port 2 on my Bravia KD49XD8099 will suffer from a problem where the sound and picture will cut out for 2/3 seconds then come back. This can happen several times a day.

I've tried several different sources and cables so the fault is with the TV itself.

Any ideas how to fix this or do I need a new TV?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I would advise you contacting the retailer you purchased the TV from and arrange a warranty repair.  All else fails you can find an authorised Sony repair centre HERE.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
angelacr

I have a similar problem since the most recent update. I had updated via usb to the update that was pulled and all was fine with that version. However on this new update I notice, on HDMI 2, that I get sound drop, video continues though, for a fraction of a second to three seconds or so, There is no stutter, sound simply disappears and returns. Like the original poster, this happens on live streams and recorded media. It happens with apparent randomness.

Now I see it might be an input 2 problem, I'll try on another input tonight.

[Edit] This happens across the board. Input from an external tuner and from Sony's own internal tuner all result in random sound drops. Perhaps the underpowered Mediatek processor is being asked to do too much?

[/Edit]

profile.country.GB.title
rossmilner
New

I also have this problem!

I doubt it's your TV, I had this problem with my old Samsung TV as well when using the same connected device. I'm now using the Sony KD-49XD8305. The device I'm using is a PS4 Pro.

I have it connected to my TV with the Playstation VR HDMI processing box so I have cables everywhere and because there is so many cables it's easy to blame them but really I have no idea where the problem is.

I've tried everything I can think of! If anyone has an answer please share!

profile.country.GB.title
hungledink

Just an update, it's now happening on both hdmi2 (which is virtually unusable now) and now it's also started in hdmi3. 

Only happens when enhanced hdmi output is selected in those to ports. 

Stull gettin nowhere here with Sony.