Join now - be part of our community!

Help with warrenty

Lee.Mac
New

Help with warrenty

Last night my android tv started playing up. I have checked on the site it’s still in warranty (brought Nov 2020) and it says it is until 2025. But I don’t know what to do now? Who do I contact? Sony or the seller (Curry’s). 
what’s happen was random vertical lines started jumping over the screen. Different colours and different thicknesses. When they stopped probably only half of the screen was viewable so I turned it off and also reset it. It restarted and then the screen went off but the back light was still on and you could here the sound as normal. I have turned it back on this morning after leaving it unplugged overnight it has come back on and now I have small lines down the centre of the screen. Up close they are like pixelated colours. Anyones help is greatly appreciated 

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
daveyh64
Contributor

I think Sony only give a one year warranty with their TVs. 

It is Curries that give you the 5 year warranty, same as John Lewis.

Contact Currys.

profile.country.GB.title
shahayhu

Hi

You should always contact the retailer as your contact is with them not the manufacturer. Also having dealt with Sony over the past 4 months I would do absolutely anything to avoid their awful customer services.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Lee.Mac, follow the steps here: https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00091660 . If the issue didn't resolve itself after contact Sony, actually some retailers give 5 years with Sony not with the retailer.