Join now - be part of our community!

Home screen and uk catchup apps/Youview gone

profile.country.GB.title
m0bul1
Explorer

Home screen and uk catchup apps/Youview gone

Help please!

I’ve lost the catchuptv apps on the home screen on the tv.  All UK catchup channel apps have gone, I.e. BBC iPlayer, itv hub, all4 etc. if I press discover I can access the catchup that way via Youview but I was able to access Youview he apps from home only earlier today??

I’ve read some posts about ISP, switch off your router and tv and that should clear it but it doesn’t?  

There are apps apps on there that I have never heard or seen before?

Any help appreciated.

Craig

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
copicke45

Has someone (a child perhaps) changed the country setting of the TV away from UK?

profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Craig,

Thanks for joining the Community. Can you let us know what TV model you have? Also, there is some information about apps on Android TVs here that could help.

Thanks,

EdwinaU

profile.country.GB.title
m0bul1
Explorer

Many thanks for your reply, I’ve checked and it’s set at United Kingdom.

cheers

Craig

profile.country.GB.title
m0bul1
Explorer

Hi,

It’s a KD-49XE8396

thanks

Craig

profile.country.GB.title
Owen_G

Hi again,

Please reach out to our colleagues in Customer Support, as they may be best placed to advise you on this: http://bit.ly/2zVrDnV.

Please do get back in touch if you have any further queries or concerns.

Thanks,

Owen

profile.country.GB.title
danb298
Explorer

Same set, same problem.  Purchased yesterday and all the catchup apps were there.  Updated today and they have gone.

Would be very grateful to hear if anyone finds the fix.

profile.country.GB.title
daisysmum
Explorer

I have the same problem,  I contacted Sony Support on 22nd November.  I don;t think they;re in any hurry to help!

profile.country.GB.title
danb298
Explorer

Any news?  I registered a ticket today as well, just to see if that gives the issue any more coverage.

I spotted this publicity image of this set:The number of apps make what I have laughable...

profile.country.GB.title
daisysmum
Explorer

I've been in touch with Sony support about missing catch up apps.  They haven't been able to solve it. They're not helpful