Join now - be part of our community!

KD-49XE9005 Lead length

KD-49XE9005 Lead length

Hi, My KD-49XE9005 is lovely. However I have a really nice TV bracket that I cant use fully as the lead from the power pack to the TV is so god damn short!!!

Does anyone else have a way round this? It seems like such a poor bit of design.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Anthony 

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

We bought a longer mains lead, terminating in the (pretty standard) connector on the power brick, and our bracket installer lashed the brick to the back of the TV.

Works fine, and we can rotate it from perpendicular to the wall, right facing (to watch it from the dinner table) through flat to the wall (for stowage and general purpose viewing) to perpendicular, left facing (to watch it during food preparation).

This is only a 32in non-Android (and indeed non-Sony) TV, and I don’t think we could get away with our double-arm bracket on a 49in TV. But it shows what can be done to solve our similar issue with a short lead from the power brick to the TV.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking