Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55AG8

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
peterdbs
New

KD-55AG8

I have just purchased Android tv KD-55AG8 and cannot understand when i show the guide on my Sony remote that i cannot change stations so i have to go to my BT remote to do that. Can my Sony tv not be given full control of the BT box ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@peterdbs 

At a guess, what you are watching is not actually your TV, but your BT YouView box.

This has a very limited set of CEC functionality (which Sony call BraviaSync); it can turn on your Sony TV, and switch to its HDMI input, but that is it; it will not respond to your Sony remote.

The same is true with all makes of TV.

I don’t think you can do it even with the IR blaster functionality, if your TV has it, though it might be worth a look.

If you put the YouView box in standby, you can then use the YouView Guide on the TV, which will respond to your Sony remote, but won’t let you pause and rewind live TV, nor set reminders, nor record.

To use only one remote for both, you will need to look at multifunction remote, like the Harmony models, which have a very good reputation.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@peterdbs 

At a guess, what you are watching is not actually your TV, but your BT YouView box.

This has a very limited set of CEC functionality (which Sony call BraviaSync); it can turn on your Sony TV, and switch to its HDMI input, but that is it; it will not respond to your Sony remote.

The same is true with all makes of TV.

I don’t think you can do it even with the IR blaster functionality, if your TV has it, though it might be worth a look.

If you put the YouView box in standby, you can then use the YouView Guide on the TV, which will respond to your Sony remote, but won’t let you pause and rewind live TV, nor set reminders, nor record.

To use only one remote for both, you will need to look at multifunction remote, like the Harmony models, which have a very good reputation.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…