Join now - be part of our community!

Kd-55xd7005 alexa

profile.country.GB.title
Fabioangeletti
Explorer

Kd-55xd7005 alexa

I can't find on May TV Alexa app and can't download It from playstore, but i see that my TV Is compatible. Why?

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @Fabioangeletti,

at which step of this guide do you get stuck exactly? https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00186768

Is the app the only thing not showing up?

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @Fabioangeletti,

Welcome to the Sony Community too! In addition to the question that my colleague @IamNic has asked you, would it be also possible that you inform us on:

• the current firmware revision of your TV. Press the [HELP] on the TV remote control to display this information.
  • the country where you are currently situated.

It just might be that the Alexa Skills for Sony Android TV control are not yet supported in your country and that is why you can't find the Alexa TV Control app in your HOME menu. I suggest you read carefully the notes about the availability of this new feature in the article my colleague posted already for you.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
Fabioangeletti
Explorer

my country is italy my tv have the latest firmware and i read carefully the notes about the availability of this new feature in the article  posted but there isn't i not avaliability for some country or other...... 

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

I'm afraid that as of the moment, Alexa Skills for Sony Android TV control are only supported in the UK. 

000.JPG

That is the reason why the TV Control Setup with Amazon Alexa app is not showing in your Home screen. But since the feature is planned to gradually be supported in many more EU countries too, this might change very soon. I believe our colleague @rooobb from Italy could give you better updated information on this feature in your country.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

In this post on the italian community you can find the latest information on Alexa from Sony and the list of devices supported. No information till now about availability of the service.

https://community.sony.it/t5/televisori/alexa-di-amazon-su-kd-49x8005c/m-p/2526883#M48850

profile.country.HR.title
mirandalic
Explorer

I can't believe what I am reading :grin: It is oxymoronic ! I bought TV from SONY and bought Amazon Alexa and PAY FOR THEM and then just because I am not living in USA or UK I cannot connect those two products. What world become some kind of racistic place ? So I am eliglabe to pay SONY € and also to Amazon and I am not eliglabe to use skills to connect my two products jut because place where I live.

PS: GEORGE ORWEL WAS RIGHT ! "1984" but he just miss couple decades. Tubm down for SONY and Amazon as a couple.

profile.country.HR.title
mirandalic
Explorer

Any news here ? Or we will stuck forewer ?

profile.country.GB.title
marvinx
Explorer
profile.country.HR.title
mirandalic
Explorer

I tried that but operational system report strange error which people did not experience durring installation, so I has to give up.