Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55XD8005 Judder/Flicker issues playing games

justluh
Explorer

KD-55XD8005 Judder/Flicker issues playing games

Hi guys, I just bought my new KD-55XD8005, and I'm very disappointed with the game performance, even in fast paced action movies scenes...

I've tried all settings, motionflow, etc.. The game I play the most is FIFA 17 on my Xbox One S, and its terrible when the camera moves fast after a Goal Kick, all the players get mixed with the background and sometimes the screen flicks, its worse than the ghosting I had on my samsung 1080p...

I've recorded a video testing it, the first part its in custom mode wih motionFlow on (adding the terrible SOAP OPERA effect), the second part its GAME mode without motionflow (terrible).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko2JAGUx2_c

Can someone help me? Im almost returning this tv...

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The TV should be set to GAME mode.  I noticed that you are using 2160p as a resolution - do you have an adequate HDMI cable, rated for 18Gbps?

It could also be the simple case of the Xbox One S upscaling 1080p content (or lower) - do you get this when using 1080p instead?

Also, ensure that your TV has the latest firmware installed, and then do a factory reset - as it can clear many issues.

Cheers

justluh
Explorer

Hey there, 

yes, im using GAME mode, Im using the HDMI cable that came with XBOX one S, should be good, right?

I tried to lower the resolution and got the same issue, I will try a factory reset, I think this will be the last try haha

cheers

justluh
Explorer

I found this video from KS7000, and its the same thing that happens on my XD8005