Join now - be part of our community!

KD-55XF8096 picture settings

profile.country.GR.title
0rionas
Explorer

KD-55XF8096 picture settings

Hello all,

I'm new here. I recently bought a Sony KD-55XF8096 TV and I'd like to know if there is a way to fine tune the picture since I get great "blueish" black from the panel.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

Yup, you can fine tune the colour settings quite extensively.

Action Button > Picture > Advanced Settings > Colour > (You can either try the preset) Colour temperatures or scroll to advanced and tweak the red - green - blue settings to suit each or your selected profile.

Hope this helps.

profile.country.GR.title
0rionas
Explorer

B393D65E-F794-4D13-9DF9-4EE69F572270.jpeg

Here is a photo of how the black is distorted and thanks stormyuk for the tip but I’ve alrrady tried and nothing changed..

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

Ahh ok, thats a different issue yes. You could try lowering the backlight level, is it as bad if you are looking directly at thr screen front on?

These models don't have the best viewing angles and I think to make it worse the 8096 is edge lit and not full array back lit (which helps a bit).

profile.country.GR.title
0rionas
Explorer

When I’m watching a movie a can see some light in the blacks of the TV... If you watch from an angle is worse but the angle is not the problem as long as I can fix the straight forward light of the black levels.