Join now - be part of our community!

KD49XF7596 FW version 6.6545 doesn't allow installed app to be added to list of apps

profile.country.GB.title
ksaro1

KD49XF7596 FW version 6.6545 doesn't allow installed app to be added to list of apps

I've installed an Android TV app, WOW Sports Live, but I can't add it to the list of apps on the displayed list of apps on the main display screen.

If I go to settings -> apps I can see the app and I can run it from there. I've installed other apps and they can be added to the main display list of apps. It's just this one app that I can't add.

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

How did you installed it? Via google playstore?

profile.country.GB.title
ksaro1

@rooobb  - I downloaded and installed the APK manually. I've done the same for other APKs before and they show up on my app list.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Many app that are not compliant with android tv can be installed manually and work but are not shown on the launcher. You should use a different launcher

profile.country.GB.title
khallergard

A sideloaded app should show up in the HALauncher or in the Sideload Launcher.  If it does not, it could be that the apk is just a link to a WebSite and not a proper apk.  If so, create a link to the WebSite by (sideloading) theTV App Repo:  https://tinyurl.com/y6mflusr

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

but any other launcher can't be default...... I'm always starting those apps from settings/apps then open from there.

profile.country.GB.title
khallergard

HALauncher and Sideload Launcher do not replace the default launcher.  They are just apps that "launch" sideloaded apps.

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

my point exactly. Why bothering with loading an app just to launch another app while it can be done from system itself.

profile.country.GB.title
khallergard

I did not know that you can open apps from system/apps (different from phone/tablet).  Thanks for the tip!

I like being able to open my favourite website with the Chrome browser (sideloaded) directly from a shortcut on the Home screen's favourites bar.  Just one tap with the mouse.