Join now - be part of our community!

KD55S8005C 4K tv HDR and HDMI 2.0a support

SOLVED
Turtle711
Explorer

KD55S8005C 4K tv HDR and HDMI 2.0a support

Does any one know if my Sony to KDS8005c 55 inch 4k TV supports HDR and HDMI 2.0a as no seems to be able to help me here, I called Sony before buying the tv and they said it did support it now after purchasing the tv they said over email it doesn't but on firmware update v2605 it says it includes HDR support so now I'm confused and annoyed at Sony! I bought the tv ready for 4k blu-Ray's now it seems like a waste of money. Any advice would be great thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

At the time this thread was created, there was much confusion over which models supported HDR. However I can absolutely confirm that this model does NOT support HDR.

See this thread below for further reading:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/netflix-hdr-firmware-update-12th-april-kd49x8005cbu/td-p/...

Cheers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Turtle711 wrote:

Does any one know if my Sony to KDS8005c 55 inch 4k TV supports HDR and HDMI 2.0a 

Hi there

YES and YES.

I think the confusion is because it was initially not supported/implemented when the TV was first released, but due to firmware upgrades begining in Oct 2015, HDR and the HDMI 2.0a was added.

Cheers

Turtle711
Explorer

Cheers, I'm just a tad confused though how come there is no HDR mode on the TVs settings? Also the Sony support team just keep emailing telling me that this model doesn't support HDR? But they are all foreign and there is definitely a communication barrier they don't seem helpful at all

Marvbuster
Explorer

Hi, is this really true? The kd-55s8005c is able to display HDR signals coming from a ps4 game for example? I need this to be confirmed, most of the resources say otherwise, since that Model is lacking a triluminos Display...

Can someone officially confirm or deny?

Regards.marv

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

At the time this thread was created, there was much confusion over which models supported HDR. However I can absolutely confirm that this model does NOT support HDR.

See this thread below for further reading:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/netflix-hdr-firmware-update-12th-april-kd49x8005cbu/td-p/...

Cheers

Marvbuster
Explorer

hi and thanks for your quick reply. 

this had to be too good to be true. what a pity.

regards