Join now - be part of our community!

KD55XD8599B - no picture only sound

profile.country.GB.title
Tariq12
New

KD55XD8599B - no picture only sound

I have had this tv since September 2016. Since the start of this year, we have had numerous issue where we get sound but no picture. We have Sky HD connected to a Yamaha RX-v681 to the tv via the ARC hdmi.

If we watch youtube and then try and go back to Sky, we get the sound but no picture. We have to power off the TV and let it restart before it will work. We did the software update in April and this seemed to help. However today we are back to the same issue again, this time having to restart the tv several times.

Look like a software issue.

Any ideas on how to resolve this ?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Have you tried connecting it the other way around (even as a test?) - Meaning, connect the Sky HD box directly to the TV instead - set the TV Speakers to "Audio System"

Edit: Also take a look at this thread, as it seems to match your issue:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/sony-x850c-hdmi-arc-issue-after-launching-youtube/m-p/233...

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Tariq12
New

The problem is intermittent. It will work for sometime and then fail. The other day on startup, we only had sound but no picture. We have changed the HDMI cable recently just to make sure it was not the hdmi cable.

Thanks

Tariq

profile.country.GB.title
Tariq12
New

What you are suggestion does not make sense as it will work as you feeding the picture from Sky box directly to the TV.  The issue is the arc function. When you display the bravia device, it list the Amp, but not the sky box.

When turning the tv first thing in the morning, twice this week we have had to power of the TV, A restart of the tv ( press the power button on the remote) did not help.

Mrs is getting very frustrated as this happens while I am at work.

Please advise if you are working on a software upgrade for this.

Thanks

Tariq

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I have passed this onto Sony Support for them to assist you.  They should contact you in a couple of days.

Cheers