Join now - be part of our community!

KDL-55W755C - What Soundbar

profile.country.GB.title
Prior20

KDL-55W755C - What Soundbar

looking for a sony soundbar to add to my TV, question is which one, saw some with the reviews would not sync with my sony TV so would like to avoid that :slight_smile:

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

Sync is really not a problem, any Sony (and BTW any CEC compliant one from any brand) soundbar will be managed by your TV remote (if this is what you mean by sync) as far has it has an HDMI connection with the TV. You should think about what you want from the soundbar (2.1, 3.1,5.1, power, etc.) and of course which is your budget. You should check also where you want to put the soundbar itself since some model are too high and if you put them in front of the TV you may block the infrared receiver of the TV

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown
Enthusiast

@Prior20 wrote:

looking for a sony soundbar to add to my TV, question is which one, saw some with the reviews would not sync with my sony TV so would like to avoid that :slight_smile:

Can't answer for Sony soundbars, but I used a Yamaha YSP-2500 with my KD-43X830xC, and it worked perfectly; put it on the ARC HDMI input to the Sony, plugged my other devices into it, UHD passthrough, complete interoperability.

i did try an OrbitSound A10 at first, as we had very good results from their M9 on the bedroom TV (connected by mini jacks to the headphones out of the TV, so we could still control the volume via the TV remote, and so not terribly hi tech).

The A10 sounded good, but we had the problem Roob refers to, that the sensor for the remote is very low down on the TV, and the soundbar got in the way. And the sound was not good when we tried the bar on a lower shelf. So we would have had to jack the TV up a bit, which looked silly when we tried it with blocks of wood 😞

Also, the A10 is not terribly hi tech - no HDMI control at all, though we could use optical at least.

So we took the A10 back (thank you, John Lewis) and got the Yamaha instead. Same price (£499 then) but it absolutely blows the A10 into the weeds; full HDMI, throws the sound round the room (and it really does - it's spooky). And importantly, a remote repeater on the back, so even if it blocks the sensor on the TV, which it did even though we took the removable feet off it, the soundbar sees the incoming remote signal, and retransmits it from the rear, which means the TV sees it,

No sync issues - I presume you are talking about when the sound lags the moving lips on the TV? - but if there were, there's a setting for it.

Perhaps you don't want to pay £500? If not, there is the YSP-1600, for £350.

Or there are Sony soundbars from £115 to stratospheric, but none below £299 with HDMI I think, and none anywhere that can throw sound around like the Yammies, though there are a couple with wireless rears.

But look for remote repeating, or a very low profile bar, or even consider a soundbase, perhaps.

But going from a full surround system with four speakers to something more streamlined, and now complementing a £1700 TV, a 55in Samsung (now the Sony has been relegated to the study in disgrace) the Yamaha was very much correctly placed for us, pricewise.

YouView Superuser, but not an employee of YouView, nor retained by them for this purpose. It's purely me speaking
profile.country.GB.title
Prior20

Thanks both, yes it was the lipsync problems i was refering to