Join now - be part of our community!

Listen independently to bluetooth headset and TV speakers

profile.country.GB.title
Lowestoftlass
Explorer

Listen independently to bluetooth headset and TV speakers

Hi,

I have a KD-55XH9505 tv, and am trying to listen through a connected bluetooth headset whilst also having the TV speakers on. Essentially, so 1 person can have the volume loud through the headset, whilst the TV speakers are at a normal level.

I have connected a Bose QC35 to a Panasonic TV, which works fine, but I find with the Sony, it's either headset or TV speakers.

Can anyone confirm if this is possible or not please?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi,

Unfortunately this isn't possible.

Please also refer to: https://helpguide.sony.net/tv/haep1/v1/en/08-05_09.html

Cheers

Peter

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Lowestoftlass @Peter_S. 

It’s completely possible, but it does need a separate (non-Sony) optical to Bluetooth sender, available for a few shekels from Amazon or similar sources.

Then you simply connect up the sender to the optical out of the TV with an optical cable, and pair the Bluetooth speakers with the sender.

The TV is none the wiser that the ‘always on’ optical out is being used in this way, and doesn’t make you choose between optical or TV speakers, or anything like that.

Perhaps you aren’t allowed to mention this route, though, @Peter_S. because it is non-Sony?

Shame to disappoint @Lowestoftlass though, when it’s eminently doable that way.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Lowestoftlass
Explorer

Thanks Peter.   We purchased this piece of kit and yes it works, so thank you very much for your help and advice.  Does seem odd that Sony has done away with this facility whereas Panasonic retains it.      

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@Lowestoftlass 

Cough.....

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Lowestoftlass
Explorer

Apologies royal brown, replied to wrong person I think!  Thanks again for good advice.