Join now - be part of our community!

Looking for a way to install UKTV Play on my new Bravia KD43XF8796BU

profile.country.GB.title
WildAngel66
Explorer

Looking for a way to install UKTV Play on my new Bravia KD43XF8796BU

Hello everyone, I am looking for a way to install UKTV Play on my new Bravia KD43XF8796BU, it does not appear to come installed - I am new to Bravia and new to Android! Any help most welcome, thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

If it is not in the Play Store it means it has not been developed for Android TV, you can search the installation package (APK) online and download it via a computer and then transfer it to the TV with a USB memory. In the TV you have to allow the installation from Unknown sources and install the APK through a File Manager (if you don't have one download it from the TV Play Store).

If the App was not developed for Android TV you may need to install an App to rotate the screen for example, and even its use may not be easy if not designed for a large screen without a Touch.

Manolo

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

I tried sideloading it way back when to test it but because its meant for a touch screen device it really doesn't work well at all. Its a real shame.

profile.country.GB.title
Murph7355

You can, in theory, run an add-on in Kodi to run UKTV Play...however I tried it today and only get sound from the channels, no video 😞  

COME ON SONY - this is a key catch up service you are missing here.

profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

Its not really up to Sony, you need to get UKTV play to make their app compatible with Android TV and not just Android.
profile.country.GB.title
Murph7355

Bit of pressure both ways won't hurt :slight_smile:

(Or rather won't do much good no doubt :))