Join now - be part of our community!

[Master Thread] - 4K / 2160p Juddering Issues - Sky/BT

SOLVED
palmeri8145
Explorer

[Master Thread] - 4K / 2160p Juddering Issues - Sky/BT

Hi all - thanks for all the informative information I have found on this community site.

I have recently purchased the above tv and I am using it with a (UK) BT Ultra HD package. The output of the box is 2160p50 and I have set it to 10 bit colour.

Generally speaking I am very happy with the telly but I am experiencing a bug which sounds similar to the "Screen Format: Full" issue reported on another thread.

After a period of watching TV (normally longer extended periods of say 2 hours), the picture starts to judder and the "Screen Format: Full" message flicks on and off. The only way to recover this is to switch the telly off and on again which seems to allow the telly to "resync". This problem happens *every* day when watching TV at least once.

It is not a problem with the BT box as when I switch that on and off the picture problem does not clear.

I have tried different 4K related settings on the telly / BT box but the problem still occurs. Has anyone else noticed this with the TV ?

Thanks,

Ian

279 REPLIES 279
Anonymous
Not applicable

@zAndy1uk - trying to confirm this, but upto now the silence coming from Sony is outstanding....

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All

Sony have re-confirmed that they are still committed to a FW fix by the end of the month.  Hence watch this space next week.

@zAndy1uk - the delay that you were told was because the FW update had been planned for this week.

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

@Quinnicus wrote:

Hi All

Sony have re-confirmed that they are still committed to a FW fix by the end of the month.  Hence watch this space next week.

@zAndy1uk - the delay that you were told was because the FW update had been planned for this week.

Cheers

Is this purely a fix for 4k, or will it include other fixes such as sorting the constantly freezing and lagging interface? I have factory reset more times than I can remember!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

It is unlikely other fixes/issues will be fixed unfortunately.  Sony is invested in developing Marshmallow now ahead of a long awaited roll-out (ETA Unknown).

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
andipr

Less than 48 hours until end of the month - has anyone heard anything re the timing of the juddering fix update?

My Model KD43X8309CBU
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi guys

Sony has confirmed that the fix will be rolled out tomorrow.  It will be available from Sony Support webpages for download only - i.e. not automattically downloaded via your TV.  Those not experiencing this problem will not benefit from installing it.  The update is for UK & IE.

Cheers

crusader
Explorer

So why not automatic to the Tv makes it much simpler for all concerned. Some may not have the problem, but will if they have SkyQ or BT UHD one less thing to go wrong.

profile.country.GB.title
notspurs

Don't know if this helps in any way, had issue with judder on sky q,  sky is connected thro' my str dn860, then via ARC to 8509c. I changed the hdmi output from auto to 10bit on the amp,and haven't had judder since.Now have sky set on 2160 10bit. maybe if you connect in the same way, give it a try. Could someone also explain why when setting up sky q for 2160 get a message "We cant detect a UHD screen" then  i have to follow the continue method

profile.country.GB.title
chrisbrowe

This is typical of the situation Sony are in. Provide the update in the usual manner please. 

Unacceptable to have to faff around with USB sticks when the usual method of distribution is available. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Risc0n - so to answer your question above, this is purely a fix for the 4K juddering issue - no other fixes.