Join now - be part of our community!

Netflix on 49-XE9005 - picture/motion corruption problems

profile.country.GB.title
rgledhill

Netflix on 49-XE9005 - picture/motion corruption problems

Does anyone else have this problem?  Some titles are horrible jerky and corrupted on Death In Paradise (Series 2 for example).  I normally have Film Mode set to High and Motionflow set to Smooth.  If I turn off Film Mode in the motion processing, the problem goes away.

It doesn't seem to happen on all titles but is shockingly bad on some.  Death in Paradise is only a 1080p signal so it's not 4k or anything.

Is this a known problem?

My TV is a 49-XE9005 running the latest firmware (6.562).

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
rgledhill

Just had an email from Sony support, which I'm grateful for but unfortunately just suggests the usual things included the Factory Reset option which is a massive nuisance for me as I have customised all the colour settings.

I have found that the only thing that "cures" it is to turn off Film Mode in the Motion settings.  This removes the stuttering and blocking effects from the video, but of course then I lose the benefit of Film Mode on those problematic programs and also on unaffected programs.

There is a problem with the Netflix and YouTube decoding on this TV.  No settings will fix this, the software needs to be fixed, along with the inability to play anything on YouTube at 50 or 60 fps.
profile.country.GB.title
rgledhill

Just to close this off for anyone picking up this thread in future...  the problem has been resolved - by having a full refund and instead buying an LG OLED55B8.  Hardly any difference in price now, and everything works perfectly - all the apps, all the motion processing, even better picture quality, responsive and a pleasure to use.

Sorry Sony but while you persevere with Android TV, I can't recommend your TVs no matter how good the panel is.  However I am very appreciative of the support and that I ultimately was offered a straight swap for a 49XG90 model or a full refund, the latter of which I took.

Magnus.J
Explorer

Hello looks like you have same problem as me!  

wondering if you have solve it? 

any solution for it? 

I tryed factory reset on the tv and when i try start netflix true the handcontroller by click on netflix everything is normal, also i can se pictures on all series and movies and read about them. but when i try start something picture become to be very wierd! i tly want to show video exactly how it shows on tv!

also i tryed another steaming service and same thing apers when trying start something there! 

youtube true the handcontroller works aswell without problems! 

I have boxer with my tv chanels, and there i have the option to watch netflix, everything works fine when running it true the boxer! also all tv chanels is works fine! what more can i try?