Join now - be part of our community!

No content on stv player on youview

profile.country.GB.title
behanspen
Explorer

No content on stv player on youview

Having updated my new sony bravia to youview. Ifind that there is plenty of material to watch on BBc ch4 and ch 5 via the youview menu, but nothing available for stv. By the way I am resident in Scotland. Any ideas ?

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

profile.country.GB.title
manuelsal

You have to unfortunately disable youview to be able to watch sat channels.

Remeber that the standard EPG doen't have a PAGE UP/DOWN feature, but with yesterday's update it is faster.

The channel list import/export works but don't waste time, if you customise it in your PC and you import it in the TV, it will start changing and adding back removed channels or the other way around as soon as you turn off the pc or after some hour.

Unhappy owner of a KD-49X8307C
Caledonian_TV
Contributor

STV isn't a satellite channel Manuel... Scotland 'technically' doesn't get ITV; It's all a bit complex and irrelevant to most people - But STV (Scottish Television) sits 'outside' the ITV framework. In reality though STV is almost identical to ITV. - Industry 'politics'  are largely to blame!

Issues with the STV Player not working on YouView boxes are VERY common... 

profile.country.GB.title
manuelsal

Ok @Caledonian_TV I misunderstood, thanks for the info

Unhappy owner of a KD-49X8307C
profile.country.GB.title
behanspen
Explorer

Thanks for that, kind of worked it out . Not really a great loss, as stv would be my least watched station.
Caledonian_TV
Contributor

I think STV is many people's 'least watched' station! :laughing:  - The local versions (which appear to be made by a local cine club) are even worse! 

profile.country.GB.title
behanspen
Explorer

Couldn't agree more.
Lynnemiller5
Explorer

I can't download stv player on my sony tv

Lynnemiller5
Explorer