Join now - be part of our community!

PiP future changes?

profile.country.GB.title
DorsetRed
Explorer

PiP future changes?

Hi, I have had the 49X805c since November and by and large I'm happy with it. I've got a couple of niggles such as duplicate input labels which annoy me, but nothing major, however I was at the start looking forward to PiP/PaP when it was launched, however it seems I will never be able to use this because I only use HDMI and USB inputs?

is this always going to be the case? I've lived in my house for 10 years now and we don't have a working aerial. Because I had sky fitted I've never had it fixed and having just upgraded to Sky Q, I can't see why I will ever need to pay out £100+ for an engineer to come out and get it working. So all of my viewing is done through Sky on HDMI 1, along with a PS4 on HDMI 2, a Sony Blu Ray player on HDMI 3 and occasional downloaded programs on USB. Sometimes though, if I'm watching something via USB or playing on the PS4, it would be good to use PiP to have the Sky on for a football match or something. 

Is is this ever likely to be a possibility? And with no working aerial and a indoor booster not working, have I got no way of using any of the terrestrial features of the TV?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

PiP and PaP is Googles responsibility to develop in Android.  Further improvements are expected in Android N.  However no announcements from Sony for Android N at this stage, but they still havent added Marshmallow yet.

For Android TV developments, keep an eye on: http://androidtv.news

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
DorsetRed
Explorer

Ah, OK. Fingers crossed then as it I'm sure I'm not the only one it would make a difference to!

I think the main thing is that I don't want to feel like I'm missing out on anything!