Join now - be part of our community!

Problem, SonyX9300 coloured bars on screen

troyshaun
Explorer

Problem, SonyX9300 coloured bars on screen

So a week back I got my new X9300C tv and was looking forward to having the 4K setup, movies worked really well on the XBOX.

PS4 on the other hand has some wierd colored bars that appear, so I try everything under the sun with cables, PS4 settings, TV settings and try to resolve it but no dice. Note cable TV and XBOX work flawlessly.

Then last night i'm playing around with it and I get message "home is not responding" low and behold the I play PS4 for an hour (previously unheard of) with no issue at all. Eventually I get bored and click to open home screen, 10 minutes more of game time and the issue reappears.

My trouble shooting expertise tells me that the issue is caused by something running on "home" now i'm not sure if that SONY TV APP "HOME" or ANDROID "HOME", perhaps a background android app is impacting, anyone got any idea? there are just too many apps to go through individually.

*laundry list of stuff done reported on the PS4 community
https://community.us.playstation.com/t5/Consoles-Peripherals/HDMI-Issue-Perhaps-or-my-TV-is-screwed/...

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
troyshaun
Explorer

edit: the below did not work

Upgrade to 19gbps HDMI with backward compatability 50/60fps @ 4k
TV - Set HDMI mode to Enhanced only for PS4 device

While this is odd being that I tried the xbox HDMI, 2 other high speed ones, almost every setting including 1080p, it seems to have resolved the issue.

Also after 5 hours or so the issue reappeared, a lot longer then before. then when i go to home menu the mune is glitchy and flickering.
Is there a way to try older version of android?

troyshaun
Explorer

Anyone?

Okay it's not the PS4, seems the only thing that is safe is actually Cable TV (foxtel) seems to work fine runs@720p which may or may not be useful info, but after it seemingly only impacting the PS4, we also just had the issue quite bad using the internal casting from phone to TV for the first time.

That rules out the PS4 and any HDMI issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Your not in the UK are you?  Australia I would guess (i.e. Foxtel).

Its hard to know without seeing a photo what these weird coloured bars are.  However it does sound like you are getting some type of EM interference on the HDMI cables. 

A couple of suggestions:

1. How long are you HDMI cables? Any longer than about 5 meters you may experience problems
  2. Also you might want to try a couple of 'ferrite cores' which clip on at both ends of the HDMI cable.
  3. Separate the HDMI cables away from the power cables and Foxtel one too.
  4. Is your HDMI cables of decent quality - by quality I am meaning not damaged and has sufficient 'shielding'

Cheers

troyshaun
Explorer

18556316_10156160733178136_5648189622927258123_n.jpg
There was an image on the first post. It is possible there is some kind of interferrence, because it's really intermittent.

I don't think it's through the cables as the xbox HDMI has the cores on each end and still the issue, also as noted it also impacted the TV during casting direct from phone.

The cables are only 2m each, as i said though the xbox has the clips, and the new cables are 

Silverstone SST-CPH01C-1800 1.8m Premium HDMI 2.0b Cable which I got brand new to troubleshoot.