Join now - be part of our community!

Regarding 49X8005C...

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
nalfylatino
Explorer

Regarding 49X8005C...

Hi, 

I realise that HDR is not coming to my current TV (49X8005C), however, I do also have an issue with it. I seem to be getting quite a bit of lag at 4K, especially playing games at 4K 60fps on my PC (I have a very powerful rig with a GTX 1080). I don't seem to get this lag at 1080p at all, as it is perfect and feels absolutely fine. But with 4K it just feels like my controller has a bit of acceleration and find it hard to aim precisely despite the fps being at 60fps. A couple of games I tested were Doom, Dishonored, Skyrim and Call of Duty.

Now, I am thinking about purchasing myself a 2016 range HDR capable TV and I heard about all this new HDR tech now I want it. I was thinking of either purchasing this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-KD49XD8088-49-Inch-TRILUMINOS-PlayStation/dp/B01IF521AI/ref=sr_1_6?ie=...

Or this one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-KD49XD7005-49-Inch-Freeview-PlayStation/dp/B01IF5225W/ref=sr_1_15?ie=U...

I was wondering whether someone could offer me help choose as I don't mind paying the premium if its going to look better. I also need to know whether these TV's definitely offer HDR. I will be mainly gaming at 4K on my PC, will also want HDR as some games will support it soon. I also watch a lot of Netflix at 4K with my family (my son loves his Pixar cartoons). Would these be any better than my X8005C?

Also, are those tvs as good at upscaling games at 1080p?

Sorry its so many questions but I just need to make sure I make the right decision tomorrow! :slight_smile:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As an opinion between the two, I would have the KD-49XD8088 as this has Triluminos Display and MotionFlow XR 400 - whereas teh KD-49XD7005 does not have Triluminos and MotionFlow XR 200.

However, as a personal opinion, if you could hold off for 6 months, I would skip and go for a 2017 model :slight_smile:  HDR is still in its infancy, and only limited amount of content available at this stage (although its growing)

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

As an opinion between the two, I would have the KD-49XD8088 as this has Triluminos Display and MotionFlow XR 400 - whereas teh KD-49XD7005 does not have Triluminos and MotionFlow XR 200.

However, as a personal opinion, if you could hold off for 6 months, I would skip and go for a 2017 model :slight_smile:  HDR is still in its infancy, and only limited amount of content available at this stage (although its growing)

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
nalfylatino
Explorer

Thank you very much for the help! I went ahead and bough the XD7005 and I am more than happy with it. Gaming at 4K is a lot better as this TV has the best rating for input lag compared to other Sony tv's (rtings site helped me). I have gone from being unable to use 4K to enjoying my gaming knowing that I get the same input lag in both 1080p and 4K which is amazing (around 32ms!!!).

I will wait until HDR matures more, probably give it a couple of years until I reconsider buying a new TV. Hopefully the input lag on all Sony TV's might improve by then as the higher end Sony's tend to have huge amounts of that.