Join now - be part of our community!

Remote control issue for Sony XR-55A80J

profile.country.GB.title
Bonnevillet140
Explorer

Remote control issue for Sony XR-55A80J

The remote control for my Sony XR-55A80J will not navigate the Eurosport Player app loaded from the Google store. The app opens however the remote will not navigate round the app option.

The remote navigates round BT Sport & NOW TV apps with no problems.

I have tried the remote from my KD-55A8 and this navigates round the Eurosport Player app on the XR-55A80J with no problem.

Is there a fix for this problem?

Thanks

Ian

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Ian, try resetting the remote by removing the batteries and pressing the power button for 20 seconds.

profile.country.GB.title
Bonnevillet140
Explorer

Hi Hannah

Thanks for the reply, I have tried what you suggested and it made no difference. When you press the centre button on the remote to navigate round the app the light flashes on the TV however nothing happens.

I have repaired the remote to the TV and things are still the same.

Any other suggestions or is it a software issue that I need to report to the Tech Dept at Sony.

Thanks, Ian

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

@ Bonnevillet140, I don't want to take you in a roller coaster here, this is odd, but, as far as I know Sony doesn't guarantee the functionality of downloaded apps. Why don't you use the other remote anyway?

profile.country.GB.title
Bonnevillet140
Explorer

Hi Hannah,

I could use the remote from the other TV, however when you pay £1300 for a TV you expect everything to work especially official apps downloaded from the Google App Store on the TV.

When I first got the KD-55A8 OLED TV the Freeview internet channels wouldn’t open and after raising the issue some of the internet based channels now open and work after a software update. If I remember the Eurosport app wouldn’t work correctly on the KD-55A8, which I worked around with a Firestick, but now works on the KD-55A8 ok.

It may be a software issue that resolves itself at a future date and I was just trying to flag up the issue with Sony Technical through this forum.

Regards, Ian

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey Ian, it might be indeed, I'm just saying as a workaround for now :slight_smile:

Regards,

Hannah