Join now - be part of our community!

Shadow has appeared on KD55A1

profile.country.GB.title
smc_86
Explorer

Shadow has appeared on KD55A1

Hi, I've just noticed that a shadow has appeared on my KD55A1, starts at the bottom middle of the screen moving up to the centre into a sort of point. TV is less than a year old.

At time of noticing YouTube was being used to play for music videos for the little one and only noticed it on the last few. I thought it may of been the video itself at first however on testing other videos and sky q it's still there. 

Going to give the panel refresh option a go to see if that fixes it. 

Any help would be appreciated. I've added two photos of the issue below. 

IMG_20180625_162756.jpg

IMG_20180625_164310.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi smc_86,

It is very unfortunate, but from what I can tell, you won't be able to repair that using a Panel Refresh. It looks like an air leak through the sealed area between the panel films. I suggest you contact the retailer where you bought the TV from and provide them the pictures. They must be able to arrange a quick replacement for you in most cases.

Again, very unfortunate, but these kind of faults can always happen due to the manufacturing process.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
smc_86
Explorer

@dutchice wrote:

Hi smc_86,

It is very unfortunate, but from what I can tell, you won't be able to repair that using a Panel Refresh. It looks like an air leak through the sealed area between the panel films. I suggest you contact the retailer where you bought the TV from and provide them the pictures. They must be able to arrange a quick replacement for you in most cases.

Again, very unfortunate, but these kind of faults can always happen due to the manufacturing process.

Cheers,

Dutchice

Thanks for the reply. You were right on the panel refresh. I found it cleared the shadow but still noticed an issue. See pic below.

I have been told by my retailer that I need to get in touch with Sony.IMG_20180625_194945.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
StoufferTheCat

Late response I know.

Your contract is with the retailer and for the first year it is their responsibility to solve any warranty issues.

You may find it is easier to deal with Sony directly, they will of course honour the warranty, however whoever you bought the item from are legally required to solve this issue for you.

profile.country.GB.title
smc_86
Explorer

Hey stoufferthecat, thanks for the response. The issue disappeared a day or so after my last post. I contacted Sony via email (with pictures) for some advice, they said to get back in touch if it happens again. 

Really strange as the TV has been fine ever since.