Join now - be part of our community!

shadow on screen - sony a1

profile.country.GB.title
dirbianconeri
Explorer

shadow on screen - sony a1

hi, i have had this tv for under a week and had not noticed any issue on the screen until i watched the final recorded episode of blue planet 2 this evening.

A 'shadow' has appeared near the bottom of the screen, i thought it may be something to do with the program itself but when it had finished i viewed live tv and it was still there.

i have tried a 'soft' restart as shown on this link but yet again it was still there.

http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/72691/~/how-do-i-perform-a-%28so...

i have now attempted a panel refresh (reluctantly i may add as it should only be done once a year apparently) just got to wait the 1hour it takes to see if that resolves the problem. link below with instructions;

http://services.sony.co.uk/support/en/OLED-A1-series-top-5-tips

(item number 3 -Maintain the TV panel’s continuity)

has anyone else had this issue and if so is there anything else that can be done to resolve?

i have attached a picture showing the shadow.Image

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @dirbianconeri and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

Did the panel refresh help at all?

If not I would contact the retailer straight away!

Where did you purchase it from?

profile.country.GB.title
dirbianconeri
Explorer

Hi @jumpsuit,

thanks for the response and welcome.

i quickly checked it this morning as I dared not touch it last night as it was not giving any suggestion that it was doing anything let alone show that it had completed...

first impressions the shadow seems to have gone, so hopefully that will be the end of the matter. Just concerned it will come back and I’ve already done the 1 yearly recommended panel refresh. Will check again once I get home.

it was Sevenoaks sound and vision.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi again @dirbianconeri

Thanks for getting back to me :beers:

Fingers crossed for when you check it tonight :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
dirbianconeri
Explorer

Hi @jumpsuit ,

just to let you know i thought the panel refresh had solved the issue but on viewing today i noticed it had returned... v.frustrated.

i have contacted sevenoaks sav and await their response. i sent a message to sony direct the other day too but they have yet to respond or even acknowledge receipt.

got a feeling we are going to be tv-less over crimbo... 

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi again @dirbianconeri

Thanks for letting us know, I'm sorry to hear that!

Was it bought in-store or online?

I'm hoping online as they state Here:

"I purchased a product online within the last 30 days and I believe it is faulty, what should I do?

If you believe your product to be faulty, please contact us. Relevant contact information can be found on your receipt/invoice. Your product will be either refunded or replaced."

Either way as the fault occured within 10 days of you receiving it, I'm hoping they won't quibble about a straight swap.

Also if contacting Sony I always feel its better to telephone them rather than email :wink:

Keep us posted :slight_smile:

profile.country.GB.title
dirbianconeri
Explorer

Hi @jumpsuit,

yes it was online and I followed the instructions on their website. They have responded to me a couple of times with the latest being they think it will need replacing but are awaiting a response from a Sony rep, that was 3.15pm today. They reckon they usually get a good quick response and say it is unusual for him to take this long...