Join now - be part of our community!

Shield remote not turning TV on

profile.country.GB.title
NickC4555
Explorer

Shield remote not turning TV on

I have a Sony KD-55XD7005 TV connected to an Nvidia Shield TV on HDMI port 2 and a Sony STR-DN1050 receiver on HDMI port 3. Until recently I could switch them all on using the Shield remote, but now that has stopped working. I think it stopped after a recent update (the Shield and the TV both got Android updates). I can still switch it all on using the TV remote, and once it's on can control it with the Shield remote. Switching the receiver on with its remote doesn't turn on TV either (don't know if it used to or not).

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
EdwinaU

Hi Nick,

It seems the Sony remote is working okay. We're unable to advise you about the Nvidia shield remote as it's a 3rd party product. Perhaps you could try their support site/forum or maybe some other members will have some tips to share.

Best wishes,

Ed

profile.country.GB.title
NickC4555
Explorer

Hi Ed

Thank you for your reply, but I don't think this is a remote control issue at all, I believe it is the TV's inability to be switched on by HDMI/CEC after the update. If it was a problem with the Shield or the Shield remote, the TV would still switch on when the receiver remote was used, as they are all daisy chained to switch each other on and off with any remote.