Join now - be part of our community!

Sky Q remote control with KD-55AG9

profile.country.GB.title
jopritc65
New

Sky Q remote control with KD-55AG9

I have just bought an AG9, and was disappointed to find I cannot use my Sky Q infra red remote control with it, it doesn't recognise it. (This is what Sony technical support UK informed me. If anyone out there can tell me how to connect it I'll be most appreciative). Apparently, it only recognises the Sony infra red remote. I can, however, use the Sky bluetooth remote.

I fail to see why, in 2020, with Sky being a major platform supplier, Sony have failed to support all the control options.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@jopritc65 

With every remote I have ever used to control other equipment, it is the remote that I have had to find a code for, to control that other equipment.

Not the other way round.

And this also needs to be a case where the remote in question claims to be universal, or going on that way; do Sky claim this for their remote?

So it seems to me that your beef should be with Sky, if their remote controls other TVs, for not having the code or codes to control Sony TVs

You might have a beef with Sony, though, if your Sony remote claims to be universal, but can’t control the Sky box....

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Markticktock
New

I found that using sky's settings menu to find the code for the remote, by using the code for a KD55X9005, worked for my 2020 55A8

profile.country.GB.title
Markticktock
New

First, press 7 and 9 together until remote light flashes then press 1 and 3 together until the lights flash again then key in 1853, try the volume then, if it works then you can also switch tv off and on but you need to hold sky power button for 2-3 seconds if you do it for longer then it will re-boot the TV, if you only press it quickly then it only switched the sky box off so be carefull