Join now - be part of our community!

SkyQ (non-4k) & Channel 5 HD: Picture judder on 2015 Android TV

omni81
New

SkyQ (non-4k) & Channel 5 HD: Picture judder on 2015 Android TV

Hi

I have a 2015 Sony Android TV (43W809C, 1080 not 4K) which constantly suffers from judder when watching Channel 5 HD via SkyQ. Programmes such as the news and certain documentaries which should have smooth video look like films.

I have tried adjusting the various settings like Motionflow and Film Mode but this does not solve the problem. 

Additionally I have changed the output setting on the SkyQ box from 1080p to 1080i. This sometimes resolves the judder issue, but only temporarily. Other times it can make it look even worse.

All other HD channels via Sky are fine, and Channel 5 HD via the built in Freeview tuner is not affected either. I should add that C5 HD is fine on an older Sony TV (not smart) so it appears to be something about this particular model or perhaps the Android TV range which has an issue.

Could I ask others who have SkyQ and a non-4K Sony Android TV to watch or record something on Channel 5, such as the news at 5pm or 6.30pm, and see if the picture is affected? Is it smooth video or juddery?

I was hoping the upgrade to Android Marshmellow might address this issue but it is still evident.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Have you factory reset after installing Android 6.0?

omni81
New

Yes, I did a factory reset after upgrading but that hasn't solved it. Just to be clear it was happening before the upgrade too.

"The Wright Stuff" which is on C5 HD at the moment is another programme which is clearly affected by this problem. Watching via the SkyQ box any motion is very juddery, but via Freeview/DTT it's perfectly smooth.