Join now - be part of our community!

SONY BRAVIA KD-55AG9BU Power cycling

profile.country.GB.title
John_Ratcliffe

SONY BRAVIA KD-55AG9BU Power cycling

So disappointed having spent £2.5k on the latest Sony Bravia 55OLED.

After only five six or seven weeks the TV started turning itself on when not being used, then last night it started turning itself off and recycling with the Android display then turning off again.  It eventually came back to life with no tuned TV channels But before i could restore the channels it powered down and started to recycle yet again.

Having researched this, I fear that this just may be a common design fault on account that quite a number of customers have had the exact same problem.

One very unhappy customer here at the moment.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
John_Ratcliffe

Not at all happy Sony.  Having paid very good money for this TV £2.999.00 delivered on 15/10/2019 from Curries, PC World yesterday 10/12/2019 58 Days later the TV has developed what appears to be a power failure.
Initially it started to turn itself on when not being used, then started to turn itself off regularly, eventually it just tried to power up with the rotating power on symbols, hang a few seconds then turn off and keep repeating this sequence.  My research indicates that this fault is common, probably being a design fault.
I returned it back to the shop only to be told that it would have to be sent off for repair rather than be given a replacement unit.  Therefore my family now have a minimum of one week without a TV in the lead up to the festive season and I am going to be left with a brand new / repaired TV. 
Needless to say, I am not at all happy with Sony or Curries PC World and despite the TV when working producing amazing sound and vision, I could not recommend either the shop or the Sony product to anyone. 

profile.country.GB.title
John_Ratcliffe

Okay, I am replying to my own post but can see no other war to update my story.
1st I made one error with the price paid for my TV stating that I paid £2,999.00 it actually cost £2,500.00
Anyway, the TV was returned to Curries / PC World and sent away for repair via a company called KNOWHOW Customer Repair Centre.  My reported fault was confirmed and a new main board £364 was fitted under warrantee and now I am happy to say that the unit is currently functioning normally.
I would like to state that being left without a TV for a week was not brilliant however I must give praise to Knowhow services for a great job done in a very reasonable timeframe.
I now hope and prey that it doesn't fail again but something that I normally don't do, I will be extending the warrantee just in case.
John.