Join now - be part of our community!

SONY BRAVIA KD55XD8599BU + PS4 PRO

jammo777
New

SONY BRAVIA KD55XD8599BU + PS4 PRO

Hi all

Probably a silly question, what is the best way to setup my TV and PS4? I have changed the output settings on the PS4 but it still didnt look that differemt, when I set to live football mode Fifa looks much better but is there another setting or something I shoud do on the TV?

Many thanks

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

Hi @jammo777,

have you set your TV in [Enhanced format]?

http://helpguide.sony.net/tv/caep1/v1/en/contents/TP0000848059.html

Manolo

xx4L0Mxx
Contributor

Live football mode will add a ton of input lag to your games too. I only have Fifa17 on Pc, but unless it has been patched, the console versions have quite a bit of button lag this year apparently and putting your TV into football mode will make it worse.

You should set your HDMI input that the PS4 is plugged into to "GAME" mode.Your tv should automatically switch to HDR mode  when a PS4 game you own supports it. 

profile.country.GB.title
kdombaz
Explorer

Assuming your TV is 4k and supports HDR then connect PS4 Pro directly to TV HDMI and make sure this HDMI port is set to Enhanced in TV settings -> HDMI settings section and you will get your 4K + HDR.

Hope this helps.

profile.country.GB.title
JapanMan2
Contributor

I made a video to help people fix the 4K HDR signal.

Basically you need it plugged into the TV's HDMI 2 or 3 port and enable enhanced format within the TV settings. :slight_smile:

profile.country.ES.title
79_TaTo_97
Explorer

Hello

Please I see that you have the same tv that I, first please that as you see it you are happy she is worth to buy it?

And second please if you can help me, you can notice if you are far away you will see 2 black shadows on the 2 sides of the screen, and if you get closer to the screen you will not see anything?

Greetings and many thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
EloCruze
New

Thanks man, this video really helped me resolve my 4K issue with my PS4 & Sony TV quickly and promptly. Nice clear video straight to the point, thanks again. I don't have the VR yet but when I do I'll be ready!