Join now - be part of our community!

Sony bravia KD55xe8596 Hdmi Arc

profile.country.GB.title
Cosminichim
Explorer

Sony bravia KD55xe8596 Hdmi Arc

Hi 

I just replaced my old sony lcd 32' with a bravia kd55xe8596 and I have some issues regarding the Hdmi Arc.

I've connected the Tv with my old soundbar ht-ct266 via the hdmi Arc and i experience some issues.

I followed the instructions line by line but something is happening and i want to know who is the culprit.

This is the issue:

The tv is on and everything is working properly and I swich off the Tv.The soundbar is going off which is perfect.

The problem starts when I turn on the Tv, the sound bar is turning on as well,but its switching to optical, automatly.This is happening every time.

I've tried 3 cables different quality but with the same result.

I managed to connect the soundbar via optical cable and is working as it should, but i need to use 2 remotes for volume and turn on/off.

I just wonder if someone has this issue and if it has a fix or is just the soundbar is not compatible with tv.

It is very frustrating as there are other small things that makes me think that it wasn't a good idea to buy a new Smart tv Sony.

Thank you for your help.

15 REPLIES 15
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi Cosminichim,

Am I correct in presuming that your sound bar is the HT-CT260H, since the HT-CT266 did never exist, and the HT-CT260 did never support HDMI inputs/outputs?

If that is indeed the case, please proceed to read and excute the instructions found on this article.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
Cosminichim
Explorer

Hi,

Yes my mistake, the soundbar is sony Ht-260h.

I'm using the optical connection and everything is fine but is a paine as I need to use both remotes.

For now I don't want to spend more for a decent universal remote .

I will try to use the article that you recommended and lets see what is going to happen.

Thank you for your help .

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

You’re most welcome. Keep us posted!

profile.country.GB.title
Cosminichim
Explorer

Hi Dutchice

As I tried your solution, following all  steps, one problem was sorted but now I have another one.

When I turn on the TV,the soundbar turnes on as well(this is nice) and the TV enables the TV speakers,so I have sound in TV speakers and soundbar in the same time.

I go  to Speakers menu and select audio speakers and everything is fine,but when I turn off and on the TV ,is the same thing.

I can't understand why the TV is not saving the option that was selected and it turns the TV speakers when I have the soundbar on.

Please give me some suggestions for this .

Thanks

Tags (1)
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Good to hear you are making progress. The behaviour you mention should not be happening. So lets first do a simple test before going further.

1. Disconnect the AC power cord from the SB (sound bar), wait 30 seconds and connect it back to power.
  2. Press and hold the POWER button on the remote, pointing it to the TV until you get the 'Shutting Off' message.
  3. After the TV finishes restarting, make sure the SB is ON and the Speakers are set to AUDIO SYSTEM on the TV.
  4. Press the Sync Menu button on the TV remote. 
  5. Select the Control Audio System option from the BRAVIA Sync Menu.
  6. Select the Standby option from the Audio System Menu. The SB should turn OFF at that point.
  7. Press the HOME button on the TV remote and then press the POWER button to turn OFF the TV.
  8. Next, press the POWER button on the TV remote to turn ON the TV.

Could you please confirm if the SB remains OFF at this point? If it is not OFF, post back.

But if it is OFF, then continue:

1. Press the Sync Menu button on the TV remote. 
  2. Select the 'Use Audio System for sound output' option from the BRAVIA Sync Menu.
  3. The SB should turn ON at that point and you must receive the 'Audio System Active' message on the TV.
  4. Now turn OFF the TV using the remote, wait for 30 seconds then turn it ON again using the remote.

Could you please confirm if the SB is ON at this point and your TV is outputting sound ONLY through the SB?

Try following the test instructions carefully and post back the result.

profile.country.GB.title
Cosminichim
Explorer

Hi

I tried to follow the steps that you give me, but at step 5 when I select 

'Control audio system' it says that the audio system is not supported(I mean that the model of the SB is not in the list)

So in this case I can't select step 6.

And without step 6 I've carried out but with no improvement.

The same thing when I turned on the Tv the 'Tv speakers active' message is on so we are back at square 1.

Please let me know if you have any other ideas.

Thanks ever so much for your help and support and hopefully we are going to crack it.

I don't understand why the tv doesn't support the SB(maybe is to old).

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

What are the devices you have connected to the HDMI inputs on the TV? And what about the HDMI input on the SB, what is connected there?

Disconnect all devices and start all over with the previous test.

profile.country.GB.title
Cosminichim
Explorer

I have a laptop connected to Hdmi 1  and nothing connected to Sb Hdmi in.

What I noticed is that after I restarted the Tv it shows 'audio system active' but if I turn off and on again it goes to 'tv speakers active'.

It is something that is not right and it started to be frustrating.

Should I skip step 6 after I will disconnect Hdmi 1?

Thanks 

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

First disconnect the laptop from the TV HDMI 1. Then start the test from step 1 again and post your results.