Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Bravia not powering up. (model XBR55X900E)

roliwage
Explorer

Sony Bravia not powering up. (model XBR55X900E)

My XBR55X900E is having power issues. It will turn itself off randomly, then not turn on until I perform multiple steps as outlined by the SONY website. Even then it doesn't always work.

Sometimes it loads the ANDROID logo, but when I press the HOME button (attempting to do a factory reset), the screen glitches and the TV turns off again. I have nothing plugged into the TV so it's not an external device causing the problem. 

I've contacted SONY about this (2 mos. out of warranty) and they told me I was out of luck, and sent me their troubleshooting page, which I already told them didn't work. A google search shows that SONY/ANDROID TVs have a long history of these problems, yet SONY tech support claimed they've never heard of this problem. It's ALL OVER THIS FORUM!

If I don't get a solution here, I'm afraid I'm going to have to declare this 1 year old TV dead, and never buy another SONY product again. 

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear about this. All I can find about it is this support article, but I guess that is the troubleshooting page you are referring to?