Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Select and Apps button

Fantata1
New

Sony Select and Apps button

Hi there.

I have recently bought a KD-65AG8 and am loving it, although still getting used to the interface of both the TV and remote. My one disappointment is the user manual, which is useless!

On the remote there is an apps button, which opens Sony Select apps. Currently these are apps that I am unlikely to use and I have to click home then scroll down to get to the apps I want.

Is there any way to either configure Sony Select to show only the apps I want, or to have the apps key list the apps I use most often?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi Fantata1

Welcome to the Community. 

If you get in touch
Sony Support about this, they'll be able to help.

Thanks,

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

I think the apps button shows all installed apps (and get more apps). You can move these around so that the frequently used are at the top.  Also you can press home and apps is the top row.  You can configure this just to show the apps you want eg TV, Netflix, iplayer etc. To configure do a long press until the dialogue to move or remove from favourites apears.  To add a new favourite app the + is at the far right of the apps row

profile.country.GB.title
StuAth62
Explorer

Thanks Tony. But my handset won't work. None of the buttons operate. So I can't do as suggested (from the handset). Appreciate your reply though.

Stu

profile.country.GB.title
Tonycv51
Contributor

Stu

I think you're replying to a different thread. Is the TV still under a guarantee? If so that would be my first port of call.  If not then hopefully its the remote that's broken and you could try a new one eg from amazon with free return.  Worst case it's the infra red sensor on the TV itself which would need a repair

profile.country.GB.title
StuAth62
Explorer

If its a 12 month guarantee, then its just outside. If its 2 years, I'll be ok. Need to find it though. 

I did think of trying purchase of a new handset. Thanks for the tip. 

Stu