Join now - be part of our community!

Sony support department - lack of knowledge and professionalism

profile.country.IE.title
Novocorpusov
Explorer

Sony support department - lack of knowledge and professionalism

Hello community,

Can somebody please explain, how can so unprofessional, lazy people who can not understand the issue (https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/motionflow-issue/td-p/2352056)which is known to Sony for a couple of years after providing the link to the thread, video and detailed notes work at Sony?

Below is my useless talk with the guys that call themselves Sony Support - was trying to explain my issue with MotionFlow, but they seems to not want to understand the issue and proceed with resolution.

Anybody knows how to file a complaint and talk to the manager? Or maybe to file complaint to some regulators in EU because my Sony TV main function didn’t work since the day I bought this TV in 2015 and I am expecting the issue to be solved for years?

Any advice will be helpful.

Hello,

Hope you are doing well.

I’ve been waiting for this issue to be fixed since I bought this tv in 2015 and yet still no solution. Can you please advice what should I do?

Issue: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/motionflow-issue/td-p/2352056

I bought this tv in Ireland and I am protected with the 5 years consumer law warranty, so trying to solve this issue until I still covered.

Regards,

Peter

———-

Dear Mr

Thank you for contacting Sony support.

We are sorry to learn that you are encountering issues with your Sony KDL-50W755C. We are seeking your kind patience and cooperation to reply to this email providing maximum details regarding the matter for further assistance accordingly.

Should you have any further questions, please feel free to reply to this email.

Thank you for your enquiry.

Yours sincerely,

Jasmine

——

Hello,

Thanks for your response.

What details are missing in the discussion thread that I provided in my previous email?

The issue is that the MotionFlow feature doesn’t work on my TV if I am watching any videos/movies/clip with aspect ratio other than 16:9 in any players, even in the native one, Netflix app or etc. MotionFlow is on, but the videos play like it is off. This is a very old known issue and I can not see that Sony is working on it after almost 5 years waiting.

For more details please read the discussion on your website that I sent in my previous email.

Regards,

Peter

———

пт, 19 апр. 2019 г. в 15:05, <customersupport.en@eu.sony.com:

Dear Mr,

Thank you for your recent e-mail.

With reference to your enquiry, please provide us a video of the issue with and without the motion flow.

If you are unable to reply with the video, you may provide us a link of an online free sharing link in order to be able to use the full video.

Yours sincerely,

——-

Hello,

On the video below you can see that the MotionFlow is enabled as well as Film Mode. After demonstrating my Settings you can see a video with 2.40:1 aspect ratio (non-16:9) as well as you can see that it plays original 24 frames per second and the MotionFlow feature can not improve that as it should. After demonstrating that the MotionFlow feature doesn't work with the 2.40:1 aspect ratio (non-16:9), I stretch the video to fulfil the screen and by doing that the stretched video's aspect ratio changes to 16:9 and you can see how huge is the difference: the MotionFlow feature starts to work and that the video is perfectly smooth and the frame per second ration is close to 50-60 fps.

I hope this demonstrates the issue well and you understood what it. Video is in 4K 60 FPS, so you should see the issue perfectly.

——

Dear Mr,

Thank you for your recent e-mail.

With reference to your enquiry, we would like to highlight after checking the video provided, please note that it is normal that the motion flow may not be available when extending or changing anything in the original source of the video, as the motion flow works on reducing the juddering on the TV in the original source of the content.

Please note that if the content has been slightly adjusted, it is completely normal that some juddering may occur or the motion flow will not be able to adjust the speed of the content as it was configured or extended.

Yours sincerely,

Seif

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

BRAVIA Android TVs are packed with severe flaws (like your Motionflow issue or the standby behavior... to just name two of them). Nobody cares. I have been trying for years, see my review and bug tracker. Either return it or learn to live with the issues.

And yes, Sony support is useless. You can go to your grocery store around the corner and ask for advice. Outcome would be the same.