Join now - be part of our community!

sony video player app/subtitles

profile.country.GB.title
vick18
Explorer

sony video player app/subtitles

Hi there, let's say i got a original version in German, Russian or whatever, is there any possible way where once i've downloaded subtitles, they can be added to this video player?

I'm talking about the app player that comes with the tv

cheers

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

As long as you have subtitles in the same folder as movie you can select them with the subtitle button on the remote. The same goes for subs which are a stream inside of mkv container.

profile.country.GB.title
vick18
Explorer

@kinggo01

Thanks for your replay. As long as i understand all we need is place the *.srt into the main folder where the movie is, and after that recall it from the subtitles display menu.

What about Bluray's *.mts files, should we place the subtitles in the "stream" folder?

i appreciate your help :wink:

PD. Should we rename the subtitle file with the movie's name or something like that or it dosnt matter?

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

don't know about .mts.

I usually name them the same as a file because that's the only way for most players to pick them up automatically.. But if you want to have more than one then I think you should name them like "title.en.srt", "title.ger.srt", "title.fr.srt" or something like that.

profile.country.GB.title
Martin.Swider
Explorer

hi, 

any idea how do I change the look of subtitiles in original sony video app? I don't like this gray background of it. In KODI f.e. it's fully adjustable, but is there any trick to modify it in the orginal app?