Join now - be part of our community!

Soundbar Help

profile.country.GB.title
TooJayz
New

Soundbar Help

Hi, I own the Sony 900f TV and I recently got the LG SK9Y Dolby Atmos soundbar and I am having trouble getting the Sounbar to work. I have the Soundbar hooked up to the HDMI ARC port on both the TV and soundbar. I made sure the TV audio settings were selected to an external audio source and I get sound through the TV speakers on the main menu (scrolling through the apps makes a sound) and then when I open up Netflic or Hulu (basically any app) the sound stops and I get no sound at all through the TV or soundbar. Any help is greatly appreciated! 

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

I would disconnect the Soundbar at the TV end initially, and ensure you can hear the Netflix and Hulu sound through the TV speakers.

Also ensure that Bravia Sync, Sony’s proprietary name for its CEC control, is enabled in the TVs Settings Menu.

Then switch off the TV, reconnect the Soundbar, to the ARC-enabled HDMI port on the TV, and switch the TV on again.

With my YSP-2500 soundbar, this will cause the TV to fire up the Soundbar, which will display ARC on its little screen, the sound will play through the Soundbar, and the TV speakers will mute themselves.

Hopefully, yours will do the same, with no need to make any special input selection on the Soundbar, nor any special audio output setting on the Sony TV.

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…
profile.country.GB.title
Vanilla_
Contributor

Hi TooJayz,

I agree with @royabrown2. Let us know if that makes any difference. 

Cheers,

Vanilla_