Join now - be part of our community!

Soundbar Powering Up from Standby

profile.country.GB.title
89se7en
New

Soundbar Powering Up from Standby

I have a month old KD65XG9505 with a brand new Harmon Kardon SB20 soundbar connected via the ARC HDMI port (3). I have Sky Q and a Sony BluRay player connected via 2 of the normal HDMI ports.

Sound is great, but when I leave the TV and Soundbar on standby (Sky Q (2) and Bluray (4) both also on standby), the soundbar is powering itself up without any intervention with it, the TV, Bluray, Sky, Phone, tablet, HIfi or any other electrical device in the house.  

When I connect the soundbar via optical, this doesn't happen, it stays in standby mode. I suspect therefore that the TV is sending some sort of keep awake or handshake to the soundbar. 

I wouldn't worry too much about this, but my previous Canton DM50 soundbar (connected via Optical) started turning itself off and on spuriously soon after I installed the XG9505 in my house, which doesnt happen now its connected to my bedroom Sony TV, so I've bought a new soundbar for no reason! 

Anyone got any ideas?

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
DonRicardoBoss
Explorer

And make sure guys in audio output setting set to eARC Off no Auto. This auto function will turn on yours soundbar again.