Join now - be part of our community!

TV settings for powering the HD Air Antenna via RF cable

profile.country.LT.title
lemuras
Explorer

TV settings for powering the HD Air Antenna via RF cable

Hello everyone,

I own the Sony KDL-43W755C. Until now I've used this TV on cable TV, but now I would like to start using it on my HD Air Antenna. This antenna has amplifier, and when I've used it on my older TV, it was possible to power up this antenna via RF cable, but I don't find this setting on my Sony Android TV, and I didn't find anything mentioned in the instructions as well... So I would like to ask you, maybe you have expierence on this problem? Is it possible to power the Air antenna's amplifier via RF cable?

Thank you for sharing your expierence. 

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Mick_D

Hi @lemuras

It should work, as long as you switch the 'Cable' setting to 'Antenna'.

Normally you'd just press Menu button on the remote and select  Settings followed by Channel, and Select Antenna in the Signal Type section. 

You could also try resetting the TV: unplug from the mains for 2 mins, then plug in and start up again.

Mick

profile.country.LT.title
lemuras
Explorer

Hello Mick_D, 

Probably I didn't mentioned in my first post that the antenna works when I connect it to TV, just the signal strenght is ~30%, this HD terrestrial antenna has built in amplifier and powering it by RF cable from TV would help to strenghten the signal. To do that I have to find out how to do that in TV settings (because when I connected the antenna by the first time, the amplifier led indicator is off, it means that the antenna is not powered by the RF cable). Anyway, thank you for a hint, I will try one more time with turning off the TV for couple minutes for a reset. I will leave a feedback if this helped.

All other advices are welcome too!