Join now - be part of our community!

Two Satellite tuners on KD49XF9005

profile.country.GB.title
immyran
Explorer

Two Satellite tuners on KD49XF9005

Hi,

I have recently bought Sony KD49XF9005 tv that has two satellite tuners labelled as (Main & Sub).

I would like to know if I am able to feed two different feeds from two seperate satellites:

1- Astra 28.2e

2- Hotbird 13e

Regards,

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @immyran,

Welcome to the Sony Online Community! Your TV is equipped with two SAT connectors as you correctly mention which support any of the following satellite antenna configurations:

• Single Cable Distribution: enables delivery of programmes to multiple receivers over a single coaxial cable. So if you have a Unicable LNB or a SatCR device feeding multiple receivers in your home you must select this configuration.
  • Fixed Antenna: is usually the simplest installation type, in which there is one satellite dish and LNB. If you plan to use this configuration and make use of both SAT connectors, you must set [Satellite tuner mode selection] to satellite twin tuner mode before the [Digital satellite tuning] process.
  • DiSEqC: is also very popular and allows you connect to multiple satellite dishes or LNBs grouped on a DiSEqC switch to each of the SAT connectors on your TV or even both simultaneously.

Both SAT connectors support any of the above configuration modes.

Hope that answers your question.

Cheers,

Dutchice

profile.country.GB.title
immyran
Explorer

Hi Dutchice,

Thanks for getting back to me. I have tried connecting both of the cables to Main and Sub tuners but it would only detect signal from one.

connected Astra to Main and hotbird to sub. It will only see signal from the main tuner and not the sub. I thought maybe there is no actual signal from hotbird dish but when I swap them around connecting hotbird for Main and Astra to sub it would only see the connection from Hotbird. It looks like it only sees signals from the Main tuner??

any ideas?

regards,

profile.country.GB.title
iany59
New

Hi,

I've got the same problem on my KD-65XF8796  SONY BRAVI. It seems as if the second sat tuner doesn't respond to any sat signals at all. I've already tried to combi it in various ways but always the same - no respond.

Is it a fault of the 2nd sat tuner or different way to make it ''alive'' ?

Iany from Newhaven, UK

profile.country.GB.title
dutchice
Expert

Hi @immyran and @iany59,

We have been able to discuss this internally with the appropriate sources and have updated an older thread with a response where the question was initially posted.

Hopefully you find that useful in solving your issue.  As always, keep us posted!

Cheers,

Dutchice