Join now - be part of our community!

USB Recording

profile.country.GB.title
chrisbrowe

USB Recording

Can anyone confirm that USB recording as implemented is only one event recorded at any one time and that the twin tuner option doesn't enable simultaneous recording of content? The second tuner only enabling watching another channel whilst recording another.

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

There should be some other problem, USB recording is done storing the flow coming from aerial without any compression, so the result has to be exactly the same as if you see it live (bad or good depending on the broadcaster)

profile.country.GB.title
chrisbrowe

Recorded the BBC ONE HD coverage of the FACQFR tonight. Horizontal judder quite clear on the wide pitch views. There's something not quite right about the recording implementation. I agree with rooobb it should be a carbon copy of the broadcast, as recording was in the 2014 Bravia recievers. This isn't and needs addressing, I think there's some compression present and it's not working properly.

Is there something wrong with the differences required for progressive and interpolated source material? UK DTT transmits services in both 1080p and 1080i formats depending on the source and packing of the HD multiplexes. 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

May you check if the scene/picture setting used by the player via action menu are the same you use during live view? I'm still convinced that also on Android there is no compression on the dataflow coming from the aerial, just encryption

profile.country.GB.title
niallmilner
Explorer

Solved the problem. Took the satellite feeds out the TV and put them back into the Humax PVR and will use that as the recording device. Leaves us free to give Youview a whirl as the EPG on the TV itself.

Reformatted the drive for use with a PC and Mrs M can use it to keep her photo collection safe.

Problem solved!!

profile.country.GB.title
chrisbrowe

Once again, Accurate recording has failed, tonight's Shakespeare, extended on air, recording terminated as booked. Another failure that needs examining, I'm convinced that there are serious issues with recording that with a proper UK based engineering team rather than employee testing would have spotted in hours. 

Back to the drawing board I fear. We waited long enough for a proper implementation, and have got this not fit for purpose solution.