Join now - be part of our community!

V3.865 Update

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

V3.865 Update

Here are my observations concerning the new V3.865 update...

---

USB installation … partly ok (see comments below)

Voice control after installation … ok

DTS Passthrough via AudioTrack API … not ok

2.35:1 stretch in Video app … not ok

USB write permissions … not ok

USB compatibility issue … not ok

USB storage not accessilbe after deep standby ... not ok

Double info OSD when switching favorites via DISCOVER … not ok

Guide channel list always reverting from favorites to full ... not ok

SideView app remote empty app list … not ok (reinstalling the app fixes issue)

The TV doesn't start the update automatically when plugging in the USB pen drive (tested with FAT32 and NTFS). Only Marshmallow's "open with" screen is shown. Only a complete reboot of the TV (power cycle or long power button press) with USB pen drive plugged in made the update start.

The update reverts the digital audio output option to PCM. In order to enable Dolby Passthrough, it might be necessary to set it to one of the auto options again.

Some of my USB pen drives, which worked properly under Lollipop, cannot be accessed under Marshmallow anymore. These are detected as SMI within Android's storage manager.

The Grand Tour on Amazon Video in 4K with Dolby Passthrough suddenly works much better for me. Amazon Video app is still the same version though (4.1.70). But the problem is not completely gone for me. Audio still slowly drifts off. But a single video frame glitch every few seconds seems to resync audio.

For further issues check out my bug tracker.

31 REPLIES 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the initial assessment KM.

For those that are already on Marshmallow - dont expect too much from this update or you will probably be disappointed.  Having said that though, i still would recommend doing the update.

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Seems very true. It is mostly fixing installation bugs. That's basically all they could do in 2 months. Sony TVs will never work well, that's for sure.

Good news however is that the Amazon Video experience has improved with 3.865.

profile.country.HR.title
kinggo01
Contributor

So.... It's not even worth bothering.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Its always worth bothering.  Sony doesnt do full changelogs so it might solve XX issue of which we werent even aware of.  But it is more for those that arnt on Marshmallow yet.

profile.country.GB.title
Risc0n
Contributor

Are you saying lip sync in 4K is fixed for Amazon Prime?

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Pretty much looks like. Looking forward to feedback from other people, as Amazon Video app version actually did not change...

profile.country.SE.title
joeldeluxe

Most of the Lip sync was fixed with the 6.0 update for Yotube etc.

gmorgan09
Explorer

I can't get the update to start installing, it just keeps going to the media screen, I've never had a problem with installing the update via USB, very odd....

profile.country.AT.title
Kuschelmonschter
Hero

Did you actually read the initial posting?