Join now - be part of our community!

W755C (Android TV) Dead After Factory Reset

SOLVED
SimonM_DK
Explorer

W755C (Android TV) Dead After Factory Reset

Hello

Today I updated my newly purchased Bravia Android TV with the latest software update from Sony - version 3.179 (EU), I believe. A couple of hours later, with the update successfully installed, I decide to try my first factory reset (as I have read from the "issues"-thread that many of you guys do) since I still find the general user interface lagging in responsiveness...

I went to HOME -> SETTINGS -> STORAGE & RESET -> FACTORY DATA RESET -> ERASE EVERYTHING

as per this instruction: http://sony-eur-eu-en-web--eur.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/66442/related/1/session/L2F2LzEv...

Then the screen goes black, still with the LED indicator on, and nothing happens for 20 minutes. I then decide that something is wrong, and I unplug the power chord - wait 60 seconds - and then plug it in again. Sony logo appears, then black screen with LED on...

Neither remote- nor TV-buttons have any affect... at this point I am ready to return the TV set, since it just appears way too buggy... Keen on the image quality though...

Have any of you experienced something similar or have any suggestions besides contacting support? How long does your Android TV take to do a factory reset?

Best Regards

Simon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SimonM_DK
Explorer

UPDATE 2

I now believe the issue was resolved by unplugging the power 3 times, as some people suggested in the "Android TV Issues" thread.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SimonM_DK
Explorer

UPDATE - Issue resolved, TV is not dead anymore :slight_smile:

Either random button mashing during startup, or simply giving it enough time solved the issue. In any case the TV is up and running again.

The button mashing was inspired by this thread discussing a simlilar problem on an older Sony TV: http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/56867-4-sony-bravia-black-screen

SimonM_DK
Explorer

UPDATE 2

I now believe the issue was resolved by unplugging the power 3 times, as some people suggested in the "Android TV Issues" thread.

babbyluvgold
Explorer

same me but afer unpluging it and pluging back again sony logo appeared twice and seems to work again . But I am thinking aboutreturning it too as it's really laggy and unresponsive sometime too