Join now - be part of our community!

Why cant channels be sorted alphabetically????????

Garville13
Explorer

Why cant channels be sorted alphabetically????????

Bought a Sony bravia 43xd8099 android tv.

Why oh why is it not possible to automatically  sort channel list alphabetically!

I know you can move channels one by one but thats a total waste of time.

Am i missing something? Have my favourite lists set up and satellite channels scanned, 

But they are all over the place. No option to have them listed alphabetically???

Do sony plan a software update to change this??????

Any help pls.....totally frustrated

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

The easiest way to sort a mass amount of channels is to use a channel editor applicatiob on a computer and to export/import the list to the TV.

There are two available applications:

• Sony's Channel editor: HERE
  • A forum member ( @svansvan ) wrote his own called SDBEditor, see HERE - you must create an account to download.  Use Google translate to convert site to English.

Import/Export TV Side:
1) Insert USB drive into TV
2) Goto  Home> Settings> Channel Setup> Digital Setup> Channel Setup> Technical Setup> Channel List Transfer> Export

3) Same process to import.

Cheerd

Garville13
Explorer

Thanks for the reply but isn't that such a hastle to go through that process when it shoukd be included on the tv setting as standard.

I'm not familiar with doing this but will give it a go.

So I am right though, there is no way to sort or organise the tv channel lists alphabetically! Isnt that madness in this day and age.

Somebody is bound to have an easier solution instead of importing or exporting lists etc.

Its a simpl

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

To be honest, this is the first time (I think) that I have ever heard of someone wanting to sort the TV channels in alphabetical order.  In my humble opinion, this is an unusual request :slight_smile:

There is no option to automatically sort channels in that aphabetical list, but the tools are provided for you do sort it in any order you like.

Cheers

Garville13
Explorer

The issue is that when I do a satellite scan, I get every channel stored but in numerical order.

So in order to find the channel I want I have to remember the channel number, of which there are many,

insteasd of scrolling through the progrmme list alphabetically. I do not have a satellite provider, I have

a free to air satellite dish.

Tried that importing and exporting but didnt work. Have the channels sorted and saved alphabetically

in the SonyEditor but when I save them and import the saved listto the tv, the tv resorts to the original

numerical list.

Anyway, merry christmass, didnt mean to be unusual in my request but I've always had them

in this format.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I was not aware that you was using the satellite tuner.  Unfortunately there is an issue with the satellite channels re-sorting themselves back to default automatically.  However I have just posted a potential work around solution, until such time that Sony fix this. 

See:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/android-tv/android-tv-bugs-and-issues/m-p/2089574#M62

Have a good Christmas yourself :gift:

Cheers

profile.country.ES.title
Antonio_65

The editor you propose does not work with MacOS and in any case, all basic tuners, when adding new channel, puts new channel at the and of the list so it is easy to find and organise them.