Join now - be part of our community!

X90J sometimes not turning on at first try

profile.country.GB.title
llima27

X90J sometimes not turning on at first try

My nearly 1 month old X90J sometimes misbehaves when I try to turn it on.

The white LED at the bottom confirms it received a command from the command but the TV remains off. I give it a few seconds and try again, at which point the TV does turn on with a fresh reboot of Google TV - I can see the SONY logo, then Google's spinning TV logo, and finally I get to the home page.

It's like Google TV crashed when I tried to turn on the TV the first time, but I can't be sure of what is happening behind the scenes exactly. I also haven't been able to pinpoint a particular set of circumstances when this happens.

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
llima27

Replying to myself for the record, I've solved a number of small annoying issues with Google TV by tricking the TV into leaving it always on in the background. A search on Google tells me this means the TV is now burning 20 watts all the time even while on standby, but that's a compromise I'm willing to make.

To do what I went on Network settings and scrolled to the bottom to find settings that allow a "remote device or app to turn on the TV", and then another one called "simple IP control". I don't have the TV with me to check the precise labels and positions but it should be easy to find.

As a result, the TV is always waiting for external commands to turn on, and to do that Google TV must remain alive even with the TV off.

No more false starts. No more USB disconnections. No more VPN drops. Home screen always immediately available.

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey llima27, that might be a software issue, could you let me know what's the version of your TV? Press Help on the remote to get it.

profile.country.GB.title
llima27

Hi. I consider the problem solved, to be honest, as the "solution" above addressed a number of other things that were not working as I wanted.

For what is worth, I have the latest VRR update released a week or so ago. If you need a number I'll have to check later.