Join now - be part of our community!

Xbox one kicks ARC Soundbar

profile.country.GB.title
gazmwilliams
Explorer

Xbox one kicks ARC Soundbar

Hi all,

I've recently purchased an KD49XE8396 TV along with a Sony HT-RT3 sound bar. Connecting them together via HDMI using the ARC port on the TV works fine for sound and controls (volume, power etc). However, when I plug my xbox one in to the TV via HDMI the TV then looses all connection to the sound bar and swtiches back to TV Speakers (no sound, no volume control, no power control etc). When I unplug the xbox one again the soundbar then reconnects and everything is fine. One interesting point is that the xbox doesn't have to be switched on. The HDMI cables I'm using are brand new Sandstorm High-speed gold series cables. I've tried plugging the xbox in to a couple of different HDMI ports and have also tried an older HDMI cable but the problem still happens. Also to note, the sound bar actually connects to a sub which then plugs in to the TV via HDMI. Any help would be massively appriciated.

Gaz

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @gazmwilliams and welcome to the community,

Can you disable CEC control on the Xbox to see if this resolves the issue?  If it doesn't, you could try using a HDMI cable without CEC.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Cass