Join now - be part of our community!

xd85557 Picture settings

SOLVED
s11nny
Explorer

xd85557 Picture settings

Hi 

what is the best picture settings for sky HD to get clear pictures, 

is it best to leave reality creation off, and the noise reductions,.

also for motion flow i have that set to custom with clearness to full for f1 so it doesnt blur, 

film mode off. 

i have followed a calibration guide of google. just wondering if anyone here has better picture settings. 

thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im assuming you have been through this guide:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/how-tos-faqs-tvs-home-cinema/our-definitive-guide-to-the-perfect-tv-...

The problem with picture settings - there is no common picture setting for everyone.  Each persons tastes are different, as well as the fact of different environmental conditions in your lounge room (or where-ever).  I.e. if you have a darker room, you may not need the TV as bright as someone in a rather well lit room.

For me, I have reality creation set to "Auto" at the moment, and MotionFlow set to "Standard".  With Black adjust and Adv Contrast Enhancer set to "Medium". 

As I said, each person and situation is different.  Best to write down all your picture settings and slowly tweak them over time, noting the change in the setting each time.

Cheers

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im assuming you have been through this guide:

https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/how-tos-faqs-tvs-home-cinema/our-definitive-guide-to-the-perfect-tv-...

The problem with picture settings - there is no common picture setting for everyone.  Each persons tastes are different, as well as the fact of different environmental conditions in your lounge room (or where-ever).  I.e. if you have a darker room, you may not need the TV as bright as someone in a rather well lit room.

For me, I have reality creation set to "Auto" at the moment, and MotionFlow set to "Standard".  With Black adjust and Adv Contrast Enhancer set to "Medium". 

As I said, each person and situation is different.  Best to write down all your picture settings and slowly tweak them over time, noting the change in the setting each time.

Cheers

s11nny
Explorer

thanks ill have a play around with this tommorow,

s11nny
Explorer

recalibrated everything now, the brighness and contrast was ok, the only thing was sharpness was at 50 had to put this to 35. 

digital noise reduction is on medium, and motionflow is on for the sports/ f1 as this is needed for the cars going past fast 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad you managed to adjust it better :slight_smile:

SpireiteJim78
Explorer

I find that the perfect place to start is to turn off all enhancements non of them are needed. The most important thing is the black levels having them to bright will add a cloudy effect to the whole picture these need to be as black as possible before any picture detail starts to get lost.