Join now - be part of our community!

YouTube issues Android TV XG9505

profile.country.SE.title
Knurra12
Explorer

YouTube issues Android TV XG9505

Since update 6.3626 from May 13 it's not possible to rewind or fast forward YouTube in bulit in chromecast using the TV's remote.

Anyone else encountered this? 

Tags (1)
14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.SE.title
Knurra12
Explorer

@daniele9020 it's not a Pie issue. It started with update 6.3626 that came May 13. And please read the original problem. It's not an issue with the YouTube app in the TV. 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

@Knurra12 we are trying to help you out and @daniele9020 , that I involved for you, has already updated to latest version of Andorid Pie, a "thanks" here and there should suffice....

profile.country.SE.title
Knurra12
Explorer

@rooobb but you involved him based on a question after your misunderstanding. You asked him about Pie which isn't the problem.

I know this issue is global, a friend of line have it too on the exact same TV. 

If you would have read carefully from the beginning... 

Steps to try:

Inactivate TVs YouTube app. 

Cast YouTube from phone to built in chromecast. 

Try to fast forward or rewind using TVs remote control. 

It doesn't work. But it did up until update 6.3626 two days ago. 

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

So this community is no help for you unfortunately @Knurra12 . You may still want to open a ticket to Sony support https://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/Contact/Email?cat=electronics?cpint=spt-footer_contact

You are welcome.

profile.country.SE.title
Knurra12
Explorer

@rooobb that was the first thing I did, of course. Just wanted to check if anyone found a workaround.