Join now - be part of our community!

All HXR-NX100 owners

profile.country.GB.title
Wallisdene
New

All HXR-NX100 owners

Hi

I'm hoping someone can clarify this issue for me. I am by no means a beginner when it comes to cameras and technical issues and I can only think that I may have a faulty camera.

I am using a Rode NTG-1 with my NX100 (as well as an Audio Technica Pro 70 lapel mic) and no matter what combinations of in-camera audio settings I use with the mics (trim, wind attenuation etc) I am still experiencing a substantial loud hiss in the headphones as well as this hiss being present on recordings. The audio hiss is present on both input 1 & 2, it doesn't matter whether I am using just input 1, 2 or both inputs together. I have changed cables but the hiss is still present. It is not the mics either as I have used these with my other camera (a Canon XA20) and the audio is as clean as a whistle.

I'm at the point where I think the preamps in the NX100 may be faulty. Any advice on this issue would be very much appreciated, thank you.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @Wallisdene,

This forum is focused on Sony's consumer products, so it might be worth getting in touch with the Support team for professional products instead: https://www.sony.co.uk/pro/section/contact-support. They should be able to help identify whether your camera is indeed faulty or not.

Cheers,

C